Outsourcing Development

Shape the Gimbal of the FUTURE.

Outsourcing Development

Postby xX_Drakon_Xx » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:03 pm

So, Gimbal development appears to have halted.

I don't mind so much. I've been here for 4 years and I've definitely gotten my money's worth. $15 was a low price to pay for the weeks of enjoyment I got out of Gimbal.

However, the game probably isn't raking in the profits Colin wanted out of it anymore.

I think that for it to pick up more customers it needs to resume development. I mean, duh. It needs to keep changing and improving for more people to garner interest in it.

So my recommendation to Colin would to ask among his friends in the game-developer community if they'd like to help. Or just post and ad somewhere. There are plenty of people out there with the talent and interest who need a job. I think it's about time 8888888 Labs expanded in staff. This game's community can be revived easily. Anyone who has played this game knows the habit of checking the website and forums for activity. If the game resumes development, even in the form of bugfixes to start, people will come back.

The game still feels unfinished. It needs some anti-cheating mechanisms, bugfixes, and optimizations (especially in the ship builder(WHICH IS HALF THE GAME!)).

This post will likely get flames from hackers/cheaters who get mad because nobody wants to play with them but you'll know who I'm talking about when you see their replies. Lol.

Anyway, Colin, if you see this, please heed this advice. It's a surefire way to bring interest back to the game. More interest means more profits. More profits means you're getting on better and better servers can be used. It can all come together easily if you talk to the right people.

Until then, the Gimbal community will stay asleep and await the coming of the update that reignites the game's fire.
Creativity is an intelligence in itself. Use it, and don't be discouraged just because others don't agree.
xX_Drakon_Xx

Re: Outsourcing Development

Postby Phoenix-Shinkiro » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:29 am

Impressive, if I may say so myself.
Gimbal turned into an anti-cheat crusade a year ago or so, it'd be nice to pick up where we left off, and have fun without having to jump to spectators when there is a Ship made of Relicts, drop pod parts, or massive levels of naval spam.
Join us in Discord! Gatherings, Mods and much, much more!
Phoenix-Shinkiro

Postby xX_Drakon_Xx » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:38 am

Phoenix-Shinkiro wrote:Impressive, if I may say so myself.
Gimbal turned into an anti-cheat crusade a year ago or so, it'd be nice to pick up where we left off, and have fun without having to jump to spectators when there is a Ship made of Relicts, drop pod parts, or massive levels of naval spam.

It's only a matter of time before the game comes back to life. I doubt Colin would completely forget such a big project. He'll probably come back to us eventually. But if he starts expanding development then the game will certainly be revived. All it needs is steady growth. Bugfixes, optimizations and anti-cheat doctrine need to be worked on. If that's all that gets fixed then fine by me but atleast do something about the state of the game. Cheating is what pushed a lot of players away. If it was less of an issue then more people would play. I'll keep on waiting for these updates to come. Honestly it could take years but I don't care. Gimbal can be played on almost any computer so I'm not bothered about not having obsolete hardware in the future lol
Creativity is an intelligence in itself. Use it, and don't be discouraged just because others don't agree.
xX_Drakon_Xx

Postby Vendan » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:20 pm

pssst, join the discord channel https://discord.gg/ytz7zmT
Vendan

Return to Suggestions