Some thoughts

Shape the Gimbal of the FUTURE.

Some thoughts

Postby Goofus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 am

I have to say, you really nailed the flight model - it strikes a nice balance between arcadey and simlike, and I like how much the ship designs can affect the handling. I foresee myself spending a lot of time in the designer once I unlock more parts.

I also like the stolen ships mechanic! I was quite surprised to see Nogaxeh's ship in my hangar :)

Had a good laugh at the Special Thanks list in the Credits.

I wish the server list displayed the number of bots on a given server... I was wondering why no one was talkative for awhile until I checked the scoreboard.

The description for the L33 Bogart mentions an airburst cannon, but it doesn't have one. Was it supposed to include an AB4 Shredder?

I noticed a few typos in the part descriptions:
- 50mm cannon: "facilities" should be "facilitates"
- Railgun: "formidible" should be "formidable"
- BD90 Bomb Launcher: "yeild" should be "yield"
- R14 Sensor: "targetting" should be "targeting"
- Manuevering Thruster: should be "Maneuvering"

The game appears to store its save data and config in the game directory. You should probably save them in the user's Local AppData folder instead.
Goofus

Re: Some thoughts

Postby colin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:54 am

Thanks for the spell checking!

Changes will be in the V1.03 patch. Unfortunately, they did not make the V1.02 patch that I just released. Maneuver will still be incorrectly spelled all over the place.

Goofus wrote:The game appears to store its save data and config in the game directory. You should probably save them in the user's Local AppData folder instead.

You're right... I probably should. I'll look into that. I wanted the Hangar folder to be easy to find on Windows. The AppData folders are not easy to find.
colin
Site Admin

Postby colin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 am

Goofus wrote:I wish the server list displayed the number of bots on a given server... I was wondering why no one was talkative for awhile until I checked the scoreboard.

I couldn't think of a good way to show the bot number without crowding the space too much in the server list. Maybe I could add a column. Or an asterisk.

For now, you can view the server details before you join, and see if there are bot players in the players list. It doesn't give a count, though.

Goofus wrote:The description for the L33 Bogart mentions an airburst cannon, but it doesn't have one. Was it supposed to include an AB4 Shredder?

Yeah, it means the shredder. The Shredder fires airburst ammunition, so I use the terms somewhat interchangeably.
colin
Site Admin

Postby Ascent » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:00 pm

colin wrote:I couldn't think of a good way to show the bot number without crowding the space too much in the server list. Maybe I could add a column. Or an asterisk.

A suggestion would be for a server, something like 3/64 (2), where 2 is the number of bots, or actual players.
Ascent

Postby Goofus » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm

colin wrote:
Goofus wrote:The description for the L33 Bogart mentions an airburst cannon, but it doesn't have one. Was it supposed to include an AB4 Shredder?

Yeah, it means the shredder. The Shredder fires airburst ammunition, so I use the terms somewhat interchangeably.

Ah, what I meant was that the only guns on that ship are the two 50mm cannons - the Shredder isn't mounted on it even though it's mentioned in the description.
Goofus

Postby colin » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Goofus wrote:
colin wrote:

Ah, what I meant was that the only guns on that ship are the two 50mm cannons - the Shredder isn't mounted on it even though it's mentioned in the description.

Oh crap. You're right. I changed the the armament last minute for the V1.01 patch. Again, good catch.
colin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions